Thursday, December 30, 2004

15.4 : Thursday 30 December : Bay run + 5 x 800

Well you never know how the body will react and recover. In the last two days have trained 65kms so thought I would run in the afternoon. This is essentially a speed/tempo day but I thought with the number of ks over the last few days the legs would be heacy and slow. Not so - the Bay in 27.58 which is a PB and 3.59 k pace. Then did 800 repeats and thought I would not be able to get under the magic 3 minutes - managed 2.52, 2.56, 2.52, 2.52 + 2.53 - probably could have done a couple more atthe same pace but did not want to risk an over use injury.

95 ks since Monday. Should get to 125 for the week by Sunday. Off to Melbourne for 10 days - will post while I am away if I get access to a computer - otherwise will do an update when I return.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Wow Ray, you are posting some inspirational sessions!

Well done, with this groundwork your goal is surely within reach.

Horrie said...

Ray, you are training the house down at the moment so if you can remain injury free in the leadup to Canberra, I am sure another 3 hour marathon is within reach. I am envious as to how you can train with such intensity on an ongoing basis. How do you do it?

Martin said...

Good lord Ray!! Your making me feel VERY slack. Well done pal, great going.