Wednesday, December 29, 2004

15.06 : Tuesday 28 December : 2 x 5km

Was planning 3 x 5km but after the first two felt very tired and so didn't do the third as I suspected it was going to be well below the desired 4.00 minute per k pace and so little benefit would have ben obtained. Ran 20.03 and 20.06 for the two repeats which is fine but not great. The went for a 15 k steady run at about 4.50km pace.

I have in the last wek increased my base training ks and I need to do this in the foundation cycle in the preparation for Canberra. In November and part of December I did a lot of speed work and gained some good results. But to properly prepare for Canberra I needed to increase the endurance base and this will continue during Janaury. February will be aimed at Marathon Pace training and continue the endurance work. March will introduce some speed work and continue Marathon Pace runs with last two weeks in March almost all speed work.

25 km for the day.

No comments: