Monday, December 31, 2007

End of year wrap up

Nothing much to report from the last 2 weeks or so.

First I had a bad bug and then a slight hamstring problem that goes three steps forward to recovery then two back. Consequently the training in that time has been none. I have been running but at a reduced speed and distance and certainly not at a pace to be effective for an improvement in fitness. Still however managed 478k for December.


Really I should not on some days been running but the weather and the Bay have been so inviting I have gone out against common sense. But sometimes we should just enjoy running and not be so focused and intense on goals. That is the time that you enjoy the freedom of running and the great gift of having sufficient health to be active. I am not quite old enough yet to stop buying green bananas !!!! (Think about it).

I need to get on top of this hammy thing soon otherwise a quality preparation for Canberra will not be possible. Any way happy new year.

I am off to the farm in the hills above Byron Bay for 2 weeks. I doubt if I will Blogg until I return depending on how I feel.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful break in Byron and take care of the hammie. I don't like the thought of a run at the bay without seeing you there!

Jen said...

Ray, wishing you all the best for the new year. Thanks for all your support. Enjoy your break !

Superflake said...

Happy New Year Ray. Hope you have a good one.

sook54 said...

Have a great and well-deserved break Ray! see you round the Bay on your return, no doubt.

Horrie said...

You had a great 2007 Ray and managed to go sub 3 again. Congratulations. Rest up and get that hammie right as now I have switched to Lydiard, I need something to benchmark against.

Rob said...

All the best for 2008 Ray. I hope 2 weeks at the farm helps the Hammy thing.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a good rest whil on hols, Ray. I want to see you in good form in Canberra!

Ewen said...

I hope you're enjoying the holiday Ray. Hopefully the hammy will come good with the change of scenery. Enjoy the running!

Your 2007 was pretty good - especially that sub-3. Sometime this year I want to see Horrie chasing you to another one!