Sunday, December 02, 2007

Central Coast Half : 91.35

No running on Friday or Saturday.

I was not sure of what I could run. I was planning to run with JD and Gnome in about 97 but I could not find them at the start. So the revised race plan made in the first k was to run as hard as I could and so what time would result There were no k markers except at 10k which I ran through in 42 minutes which felt right - I was right on the max of my aerobic level - that is at the limit of being comfortable and feeling like the pace could be continued but at an significant effort.

The heat on the way back had an effect mentally and I felt like I was slowing down and it was in the conditions to maintain a high intensity. I lost a bit of time on the way back but not much if the 10k marker was correct.

Pace about 4.20 mpk which I would have to say should be pleasing considering no speed work has be done for months and not much running has been done at that pace for months either. Probably achieved on the old reliable Lydiard endurance base and the2 day taper.

Some thoughts to come on the next few months and the early focus for 2008.

No comments: