Thursday, December 06, 2007

18.3 : ML1 : 65.34 @ 4.57kpm

I was up at 5.00 am but it was raining heavy and so I went back to sleep but by 6.00 it had eased to a drizzle and I decided I would try to run after the 31k yesterday.

I did feel stiff and thought it would be a struggle to get under 70 but I just wanted to get around the loop to keep the Lydiard base training going with no days off. Just over Iron Cove Bridge and I ran (hobbled) into Professor who decided to run? with me on my whole loop. Well that meant I could not wimp out if things got ugly. We talked and ran and then he reminded it was my pace we were running at and that we were at 4.45 pace - well that slowed me up.

We just kept going and talking and as I passed some of my time markers I could see we were ahead of any of my previous run. Finished off running the quickest I have however I have only run it in its present form a few times. Yeah !!!!

It just goes to show what you feel like at the start of the run might not be what happens on the run. Also it might be that some of the endurance and strength is starting to happen.

14k for the day and 86 for the week so far.

No comments: