Saturday, January 27, 2007

5k Challenge : 19.22

It was been a week of some long runs and some high intensity shorter stuff. So I was expecting to struggle to get under 20 but was hoping to get under it with some to spare to satisfy myself that the last month or so of training has had the desired result.

Ran fairly even splits and finished comfortably (?) in 19.22 - so was somewhat surprised and pleased. I only ran 3 CR 5k Challenges in 2006 (all at the start of he year) because of the stress fracture. The best last year was March in 19.06 - I should be able to give that a shake in February if things progress as planned and there are no injuries.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That was a good photo of you on CoolRunning Ray. I presume it was near the finish, and you looked pretty comfortable.