Friday, January 26, 2007

3 x 3k : New level ?? 12.04 : 11.47 : 11.42

Australia Day holiday but still up and running. I was not sure what session I would do or was capable of doing this morning after yesterday's hard effort.

As I was warming up it was 2 x Bay, 2 x 5k or 3 x 3k : I wanted something that offered a chance to go the fastest I could this morning whatever that would be. So decided on the old standby and decided to go out hard, then harder and then even harder. I thought the times would be slow, slower and slowest.

The harder I pushed the faster I went. Just goes to show you shouldn't limit what you can do by allowing your mind to place limits on the body - let the body do what it can and control the mind by releasing it from a preconceived limit.

Have I now seen the end of 12++ for 3ks for a while???

2 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Apparently so. And a good indication how marathon fit you are becoming.

Superflake said...

Looks like the days of legs eleven are here. No more twelves please. Pace is getting better for Canberra.