Tuesday, January 18, 2005

12.6 : Long repeats/tempo

The super session to see how things have progressed in a month - the lasttime I attempted this I couldn't complete it and the times were just on the pace for the session - the session 3 x 5k each at 20 minutes - the last time was 2 x 5 with each just at 20 minutes and stopped at 3k in the last as the 4 minute per k pace had blown out.

Today 19.29, 19.37, 19.28 - so made it and with some time to spare. Only 10 more of these sessions to go before Canberra!!! It seems that my fitness in the last month has moved up a level which is indicated by the session result. Good position to be in 12 weeks out - must keep reminding myself to train wise and don't overtraain and risk an injury. Also means that the program I have setup is working.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Fantastic effort on those 5k reps Ray. looking good for Canberra.