Sunday, January 23, 2005

12.1 : Long Long Run 31.5k : 2.35.40

First run since Jindabyne Marathon in November over 30k - average 4.54 minutes/seconds per k. Exactly on pace for the long run in my programm - 1 minute above goal race pace. It was firm all the way and felt strong at the finish - the weather was pleasant in Sydney early moring being overcast and then about halfway through the run steady cooling rain. Felt a little drained in the afternoon so was pleased it was book reading weather and no gardening as the wife had planned.

120k for the week and 375k in January. I am going to Jindabyne on Tuesday afternoon and will not be back until Sunday night. Expect to get in a lot of running with a mate so I guess January will exceed 500k which is according to the program. The first week in February is a 'rest ' week in my cycle and I will use it as a short taper to do the Striders 10 on the following Saturday 6 Feb if I have my dates right.

Next post Monday 31 January.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

375k in January?? It's not even over yet!! That's awesome Ray, you're going great guns!

Keep on stretching to keep away those niggly injuries!