Thursday, June 12, 2014

Glow Worm Tunnel Marathon thoughts

I am back in Sydney having spend time in Nimbin since Sunday. My son lives there and my other 2 children fly up and we spent time together. The weather was perfect and we did some walking in the area, visited the art gallery at Murwillumbah and the Margaret Olley part in particular. That part is amazing.

No running while I was away so I good recovery from a hard marathon. I expect I will be out for a Bay run tomorrow and Saturday morning before heading off to overnight at Lithgow and drive the 40 minutes to the start of the next marathon.

This one is all about survival and finishing under 6 hours. There is plenty of technical trail stuff and a huge climb and decline on the out and back first half. Then plenty of rolling inclines in the second half plus a walk through a 800m tunnel with glow worms on the ceiling. Compulsory you walk the tunnel.

This one is all about being steady and getting some work on the legs for some strength. Then a couple of weeks before my focus marathon to a degree at Gold Coasting early July.Sunday

No comments: