Monday, September 12, 2011

Glasshouse 100 miles : 27.18.42 New PB

My running has been going well recently with some good training run times and so based on that I  expected a good result. Then again it is a 100 miles and anything can go wrong on the day. Also I was not sure if the stats were on my side or not. Before this race I three I had three finishes in a row - so does that mean experience should get you through or are the precentages starting to stack against you. YOu will now and again havea bad day and there is nothing you can do about it.

The weather was going to a factor with strong wind gusts and cool overnight.

Not one navigational issues. No blisters or other issues. As usual some low points mentally "Why am I doing this. I am getting too old to do this and I chose to do it" type of thoughts. No real physical issues.

My race was steady through out with a really good eastern section except geeting from the school to 9. I didn't fuel up as well as I should have at the school. Consequently I reached the CP feeling very low. I then sat down for the first time and ate and drank properly. That worked well and I ran a lot of the rest of the eastern section to the finish.I think I ran that section in just under 9 hours which for me is good.

A finished in 27.18 and a small PB.

3 comments:

TokyoRacer said...

100 miles. 27 hours. Yes, I would think there would be some low points mentally. In my case, they would be suicidal (death is preferable to this!). Extremely well done!

Zac B-S said...

Great run ray!

Ewen said...

Nice result Ray - especially with the navigation after reading about Natalie's problems. Martin Fryer was on the radio the other day - talking about the 'low point' of ultras which is always the "third quarter". When you're running for over 24 hours, that's a big quarter!