Sunday, August 14, 2011

A very nice 21.5k @ 5.05 pace

A wet morning and the City to Surf was being held. I was not running the City to Surf so I ran a medium long run. This morning was not about distance but about pushing the pace.

I have not run this fully fit since early May. A day r so later the first of the hammy injuries occurred and it is only now that I have no issues with the injury and feel that I can get on with some hard training in regard to distance and speed.

When I ran this in May it was in 1.44 @ 4.54 pace. All of have been running lately is about 14k loop. This loop adds one lap of the Bay. My best 14k time recently had been at about 5.20 pace.

Today was pleasing because I added 50% in distance and reduced my pace by 15 seconds a k. I felt strong and am looking forward to the marathon next week and then a couple of weeks solid training before GH 100 miler. Oh and a few days skiing the weekend after the marathon.

No comments: