Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nice 14.5k @ 5.20 in 76.50

My usual intermediate distance run. Depending on recovery/taper made it varies between about 72 at my very best and about 80 when in recovery.

Its only Thursday after a marathon and I should be going out for my first tentative recovery run or really an ugly shuffle/hobble. However I have no muscle soreness although I am aware that does not mean I am recovered but it does at least allow you to run freely and a nice firm pace.

Nice predawn morning around the Bay. It is a little warmer as it is okay to run without gloves and feel comfortable from the start of the run. I would have to say being injury free I am enjoying my running at the moment.

My mind is really starting to think about the Glasshouse 100 miler in 4 weeks time. It always sounds such a long way and I never enjoy the thought of running through the night however once you start you just seem to face the challenge and stay moving forward for about 28 hours. It does feel so nice to stop.

No comments: