Friday, February 02, 2007

VO2 Max Intervals : 6 x 1k

Yesterday in the program was a day off but I ran. Today was 5 x 1k at between 3.45 - 3.50.

I had 2 problems - first I ran yesterday and second I have not run a session like this for about 10 months so I was in very new territory. Also I had no idea what speed I was at so I knew it would be interesting. In December I did some 200, 400 and 800 sessions but they were all at 4.15 - 4.30 pace.

Ran the first steady - didn't watch the time and kept a steady pace through the finish to a 3.41. Without going into detail the whole 6 were in the 3.38 - 3.41 range. The were very firm with maybe just a touch more in each. Gotta be pleased.

Another session like this for Tuesday in an attempt to increase speed and get down to an 18.45 for 5k at the end of the month.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Nice speed session Ray. I'm still posting I just have that other blog as well. sixfoottrack dot blogspot dot com.

Ewen said...

Very good session Ray. You're definitely on target for 18:45 or quicker.