Sunday, February 18, 2007

SMC : 25k : 1.52.21 @ 4.30 pace

Warm not hot and some humidity to start with. Then near the end it was hot.

The weather is always a factor in this longish February run. Generally the time is slower than what you would expect to run in better conditions. The question is always just how much slower is it? Is my training going well or do I have to increase it to keep on track for the Canberra Marathon and the planned time?

As usual this run and time did nothing to answer those questions in a definite way.

I would have been very pleased to have just slipped under 1.50 but I didn't. Only positive that I take away is that the 5k splits were all below 22 except for the 2 between 10 - 20 which has some long energy sapping hills and they drifted out to 23.30+. The last 5k split was the fastest of the day so I finished strong. Maybe an indicator of endurance

No comments: