Tuesday, May 16, 2006

3 x 3k + Bay

As usual after a recovery day felt 'heavy' in the warm up. Was hoping for some steady 12.30 for each 3k but planned to run them as I felt with no peeking at the watch until the end. Will not go into details but 12.22, 12.08 & 11.51 - what the heck - I should not have run those times feeling that there was always more speed.

The headed for another lap of the Bay - I have been doing this lately to finish off a session to develop some steady speed and endurance without long slow runs. Hoped I could get under 30 minutes as I have recently achieved that benchmark and it is good to maintain it. Managed 29.42 - yipee!!

4 comments:

Robert Song said...

Top session. Keep those niggles at bay.

Horrie said...

You are putting some really solid training in Ray. You are building nicely as long as those niggles stay away. See you on Sunday.

26miles said...

Looking good Ray - I think a lot of the niggles disappear when you can start running at a steady pace again - those times are excellent.

Ewen said...

Awesome - you're in good shape Ray!