Friday, May 12, 2006

2 x 3k + the Bay

Out with Karin and Truckie with just a light drizzle and heavy cloud cover - not as cool as other recent mornings probably because of the clouds. Auntie a slight hamy twinge so a steady morning - planed to run each rep in 4.30/4.35 pace which we did. Thought about a third but played it safe and jogged back.
I went to do some stretches as it was still a little early and with no kids at home I was not needed back as usual. Did some stretches and thought I felt like a quick lap and then a rest on Saturday. Decided I would do it but if there was any hint of over use I would stop. No such problem and floored the whole way for 29.32. About 4.13 pace and things are looking good for the Kempsy Marathon. I have run faster but today brought up 120ks since and including Sunday so pleased with the firm effort in the circumstances.

1 comment:

PortRunr said...

Hi Ray,
I'm heading up the road for the Macleay River as well...I'm only doing my first half though! Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet you there.
All the best with your lead up...4 weeks to go :)