Thursday, July 26, 2007

The week

Monday and Tuesday no run. Each morning when I got up I felt fresh and that I could have run but nothing positive physically would have been achieved by running. However emotionally and spiritually I value to peace and calm created in my life by running in the morning and in particular on the easy day where you can just enjoy the simple things of being up as the sun come up and running and an easy pace.
Wednesday and Thursday easy days of 2 laps around the Bay each day. The days just don't start any better. On Thursday it was just so still and quite and the water on the Bay was just glass smooth.
Friday - yes it not that yet but I will be in up and back to Brisbane for work so no running.
The weekend - a marathon on Saturday in Canberra on a trail so it would not be fast anyway. I ran it 2 years ago. Sunday another marathon in Sydney's west along a cycleway that I don't know.
The reason for doing it : a challenge.
The aim: to finish both.
The expectation : Provided I can meet my aim and finish both - under 4 hours for each would be a good result.
As I said to someone - its not running the 2 marathons that is the problems it having to stop and sleep in the middle of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't know how you do it!
always an inspiration reading your blog.

good running on the weekend.

Unknown said...

At least I was able to wave you off on one of these 2 marathons, Ray!

sook54 said...

good for you on finishing both, Ray! and better times than you were expecting?