Saturday, July 21, 2007

Easy around Bay

I usually have an easy run around the Bay the day before a marathon as I like to reflect on the past training and focus on the race the next day. Today was no different and I always enjoy the morning. It is not meant to be physical training but a mental thing.

Tomorrow - the thoughts. Well I know I can run under 3 - before the Gold Coast I was just hoping. Can I do it tom morrow? I will give it a try but I doubt it - I have no idea about the course and while I have been running since the Gold Coast it has been nothing near enough to have maintained the peak from Gold Coast. There was neither enough intensity or distance so I suspect somewhere faster than 3.15 but not by much.

Having said that I will have a go at getting through the half between 88 - 88.30 and if I do that then I will give it all. There will be no holding back for a good time of just over 3 - I will go for the sub 3 and either make it or blow up in the attempt. In 12 hours I will be just getting to the 10k of the race and I should have an idea by then how things will go.

Lets hope if I do blow up it is not tooooooo embarrassing

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good luck Ray. 3.08

Mike said...

There was no blow-up Ray, apart from you blowing up that damn hill at 41km like a rocket!