Sunday, July 08, 2007

2 x LKL : 71.29 + 57.48

It was time to push back into some hard training for a week. I went very easy on the first lap but it felt very firm and not easy. It was cold out and so I had a beenie and gloves but I soon warmed up so and I was a little uncomfortable.

At the start of the second lap I discarded the extra layers - I felt much freer and I needed to push very hard for a slick lap. Just pushed and pushed the whole way at almost maximum areobic capacity and did the second almost 14 minutes faster than the first.

The second lap felt good to be pushing up near the limit and feeling like the body was just asking for more and for the run to continue. I really felt as if I could have just gone on for much longer at the same pace. I will leave that for the Hunter Valley marathon in 2 weeks.

I guess the theory for the next few days will be medium long runs (13 - 20k) with most as close to the 4.30/4.45 pace.

Next weekend I am having 4 days skiing with the family and the conditions seem like they will be just right. Skiiing will be a good break from running then a few days of taper being a day on day off routine with the running days probably a 13k @ 4.45 pace ..... the Hunter marathon .. well I have no idea of the course except it is 2 laps. I suspect it will be flat out. This may well be the last marathon of the year that I will be able to do that apart from Mudgee in late August.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

You sure have pulled up well ... why am I not surprised!

With the Lydiard thing is there a recovery strategy as well? Did you totally follow the training pgm or alter it a little?

Anonymous said...

Eagle,

No Fitzroy Falls???

I was thinking about another firm hit out in Sydney, then a enjoyable bush run at FF.

I thought FF was a favorite of yours...

Prof