Tuesday, July 10, 2007

2 x LKL : 65.33 @ 5.01 + 62.13 @ 4.46

I believe the body does have energy cycles and yesterday mine was low.
I pushed as hard as I could aerobically and struggled with my pace.
Today after a late night out I ran a good steady first lap and then
when I wanted to put the foot down the body responded with very little
complaint.

As I have said the aim is running between 4.30/5.00 pace day in
and day out. Some days I will push down to the 4.30 but the aim is not
in training to get faster but to get stronger. That is to be able to
run highk's at the desired pace with the effort becoming less to maintain the pace. The result will be that the times will come down but no because of any speed work but because of the build up in endurance base.

Well that is how I see Lydiard
at the moment and it is the basis of the training at the moment.I would
like to get back to 140k a week but with the number of races coming up
in the next few months I think thatwill be difficult when also trying to fit in taper/recovery.

No comments: