Monday, March 03, 2014

Dolls Point Marathon: 3.37.01

Three (3) laps along the water at Dolls Point as well at three trips up over and back of Captain Cook Bridge. There was lots of activity along the course so it never got boring. In fact it seemed to be over so quickly.

Not an excuse but I did not realise that the Garmin had only a little battery life so with 30 minutes it died and from then on I ran on feel. The start/finish was in the middle of the 14.065k loops so I had just one time check each lap.

The weather was cool and overcast. The rain held off for most of the morning. There was a strong breeze that was obvious in the exposed parts and particularly on top of the bridge. As usual it always seemed to be a headwind. I had a good run and was pleased to be in the 3.30's again. A few weeks off until the Newcastle marathon on 6 April. 

Head down for a few weeks of some solid training provided the radiotherapy does not become an issue. Also will try and get my 5k time down to as close to 20 minutes as I can. 

2 comments:

Prof said...

Wow! Where have I been? I was gettuing worried about you Ray and thought I should check in with JD, but checked here first and....three marathons later, Ray's back! Great to hear - look forward to a run soon. Congrats on your achievements thus far for 1024, all the best for your health first and running second. Speak soon..

Prof said...

2014!