Monday, March 17, 2014

Update with SMC half on next Sunday

Yes the SMC half is on Sunday. I have not been to many in this series because either i was off running elsewhere, in hospital or recovery from hospital. Usually when I run at SMC it is treated as just a training run on a Sunday however this time it is a focus TT so a taper etc.

The TT is to see where I am at for fitness for the Newcastle marathon in just under 3 weeks and the Canberra marathon the week after.

This is the start of week 6 and the final week of radiotherapy although finish with 2 more sessions the following week. So far most of the predicted side affects have not come. In particular fatigue has not occurred and so i have been able to train as normal. That was not expected. 

I have been training hard and well over the last 13 days with 2 double days. Today is my first rest day and that is because i need a mini taper and ease back before Sunday and i have no niggles etc and do not want to become over confident and have one hard raining session to much and do some damage …. a no run day. 

Not sure where my fitness is at the moment for the TT half. I have for a long while been able to run about 1.45 give or take for the half at SMC. That has been with no taper and dealing with recovering from operations etc. So with that in mind I am hoping to give a sub 100 a real push. 




No comments: