Monday, March 24, 2014

SMC Half Marathon: 97.30 ish

Yes comfortably under 100. No one is more pleased than me. Kind of validates the training i have been doing as well as coping with the fatigue from the treatment. 

Thankfully I only have 2 more sessions and it is over. 


Another great morning out at Smithfield. Just getting light for the 7.00 am start.  Overcast to start and cool without being cold. It has been a long time since I have arrived at SMC tapered and ready to run a proper TT. For me at the moment sub 100 is a good run and I have not been in that territory for a long time. Mainly because I have not been tapered etc.

So this morning I arrived tapered and ready with the hope of just scraping under 100. The aim for me is always to run even paced and be able to hold that pace over that last handful of k's. It was just on even paced. Hard to do sometimes when you start fresh and want to be aggressive but i managed to keep that attitude under control over the first half. 

Result 97.xx. A long time since I have seen a time like that against my name at the end of a half. Gives me something to think about for the couple of marathons coming up in a few weeks.

As usual the mornings organisation with the SMC follies and system they have was perfect as it far as I was concerned. 

No comments: