Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dolls Point Marathon: thoughts

This is on next Sunday. A very low key event put on by the Australian 100 Marathon Club for the visiting President of the Austrian 100 Marathon Club. It is on the course we used last year for a special one off marathon and is the course that will be used by Sri Chimnoy later in the year for their half marathon and marathon.

Many years ago Sri Chimnoy held a marathon on October along essentially the same course. I am pleased to see that they are holding it again.

After the effort last week that was near maximum then I will ease off, have a chat with other runners and try to be just under 4 hours. However if the chatting is interesting then i might stay with the group that expects  a 4.30 finish. At the moment I think I will run in my own head space and do it alone.Not sociable I know but just at the moment some 'alone' time might be what I need and what I would like. 

However that all might change on the day. 

No comments: