Friday, February 07, 2014

Caboolture marathon: thoughts

On Saturday at 5.00 pm I line up for the start of this marathon. 84 laps around a dirt track surrounded by old buildings where most have been placed here to preserve them in this historical village. Nice surrounding and very pleasant but a bitch of a marathon.

The start time and endless laps does my head in big time. The marathon is almost the sprint option with 6 & 12 races being run at the same time. The track gets a bit congested but that is part of the race and no complaints from me due to that.

It is not a marathon for a 'time' that can left to another event. I have trained hard this week and when I run the marathon I will have run over 100k's since Monday. I have definitely 'trained through' this one. Time is not relevant although it would be good to sneak under 5 hours like last year. That is the plan this year.

Then 2 weeks to the Orange marathon which is a focus marathon. Although I start radiotherapy for 6 weeks on Monday for cancer and so I am not sure how that will affect my training and the marathons I have planned for the next 3 months.

No comments: