Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thoughts: Orange Marathon

Next Sunday is the Orange Marathon and I am looking forward to it. I have not run it before so the course will be new and I am not sure what to expect. Whatever it is I will tae what come. I am ready to run a marathon whatever the course profile etc that others are sometime so concerned about.
 
Second week of radiotherapy. Nothing to report about any side effects so far. It maybe a very different story in a few weeks time.
 
I am fit and healthy and training well. I feel very mentally strong and positive. I want to harness all of that into a good run on the day. Is my fitness back to a 3.3x marathon ? I am really not sure but I suspect it is not far off 3.45. I will be looking back over my training diary to see what i was doing last year when I ran well. I will use that information to set a race pace although on a course that you do not know maintaining that might be difficult but surley that i one of the challenges of the marathon.
 
I run a 13k loop on many days that has quite a few tough hills and particularly in the second half. After a rest yesterday I decided it was a day to push and hopefully run a PB that would confirm my fitness is how I feel. Thankfully it was a PB by about 30 seconds. Couldn't ask for more.
 
A 5k TT tomorrow morning hopefully will be under 22. Not fast but fast for me at the moment when no speed work has been done.

2 comments:

Gadfly said...

Fantastic to see you keeping on so strong. May it continue all the way through treatment, and you can be the exception to the rule! If anyone can - you can! Have a great run in Orange.

Brendon Jones said...

Great blog. Inspiring!