Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Usual suspects, usual lap of the Bay @ 4.27

The sky was covered in a smoke haze because of hazard reduction burning around Sydney. You could see and smell the smoke in the air. I thought it would be an issue when running but it was not.

The weather is getting warmer and there is more often than not no chill to the air but is its still crisp. I still wear long compression tights and a long sleeve top. But that is me and I will continue to wear that for another couple of months. 

As usual JD and Rach were starters. As usual each run their own pace. I feel surprisingly good with no soreness from Sunday. I just ran how I felt and soon I could not hear the footsteps of JD and expected in the last few k's he would cruise past. I was soon into a 4.30 pace and holding it for longer that I expected. 

JD never appeared and I finished with 4.27 pace. Just need to knock 7 seconds a k for 7k to get under 30 again. My best shot will be the Wednesday before the Sydney Marathon. So 2 weeks to get that time off. It just might happen with some shorter higher intensity runs between now and then. Starting with JD and Rach Monday for I think 3 x 2k. 

No comments: