Monday, August 06, 2012

Brisbane Marathon : 3.49.01

I did not run this one last year. The course has changed a lot although it still runs along both sides of the river. This course has more little inclines but nothing of significance. The start and finish are in/near the Botanical Gardens. Over all it was fine.

This is also the first time I have run it in August. Previously it was in April. Yesterday was a cold 7 degree start and it took quite a while for the air to warm up. But that was not an issue. Really the weather was not an issue and perfect for running. 

As far as my race went. I just seem to fall into a 'tuned out cruise mode' from about 5 - 22k when I was nit paying much attention to the Garmin. Then the 3.45 bus stormed past and I never got on it. It did cause me to hold my pace better that I would have otherwise would have. Splits of 1.53/1.56 - so close together but 5/6 minutes slower that I would have liked but about what I should have expected with the 3rd marathon in as many weeks. 

Next weekend off so a little time to recover/consolidate & taper.

No comments: