Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Early week update

The preparation for the Mudgee marathon on the weekend is going fine. 

First I will get the the start line injury and niggle free. It has been like that since recovering from the hammy issue in April. I just hope it stays that way for the rest of the year. 

This morning was cold but still and clear. As I walked out of my house the crescent shaped moon was straight in front of me with a bright star/planet next to it. It was stunning and I have no idea of what was next to it. I should check.

I did run last night at dusk which is very unusual for me. But I was home a little earlier than usual and with the sun setting but still up I decided on a quick lap of the Bay. This morning I thought the legs would be heavy but they seemed fine. I ran my standard 14k lap with plenty of hills in the back half. My quickest was a month ago in 69 minutes @ 4.59 and this morning 75 minutes @ 5.26. A way off the quickest but I was happy after the run the night before. 

Mudgee has a predicted -2 degree Celsius start. That should be a challenge which is often the way with Mudgee. Predicted time - anything as 3.4x would be fine. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ray - that was Venus beside the moon...and Jupiter wasn't that far away either. Beautiful!

Prof