Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Usual Bay Wednesday with a surprising 30.56

JD, Rach and I ran a lap of the Bay so it must be Wednesday.

Have you noticed the early morning chill is not so evident. It is still cool but no chill factor. I didn't notice anything spectacular about the pre-dawn sky or the sunrise. Maybe I was just working too hard as the sun came up to notice anything other than the rear of JD which I was separately trying not to have the string snap. He pulled me through to a time that was not expected.

I must confess I ran a lap of the Bay on Saturday morning and thought with a rest on Friday It would be quick. I was certainly pushing as hard as I could but alone and ran the same time. This morning after the marathon should have been slower. Go figure. 

I am on the start list for GNW 100 miler in November. Between now and then I will run a few more marathons but all the focus is now on that event. I need to alter my training a bit to include some trails and hills, hills and more hills. Also I need to add some weights and core strength work. That's the plan but it all may come to zero if I do not become more disciplined and focused on the long term. 


1 comment:

Clairie said...

I'd be keen to hear about the weight sessions and core strength. I have designed my own routine that I can do at home or in the park after a run x 3 times a week but its getting boring now!