Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pre Melbourne Marathon thoughts

Despite this being #99 I am very excited about running it and already have some pre-race butterflies. I am sure that is because I want this one to be quick(relative speaking) and so am mentally preparing for the pain that will occur.

Also I think I am excited because it is the last marathon for me for the year - how quick has the year gone since the Canberra Marathon when I missed the start and was not well. It does not seen like this is the 12th for the year but then again most have been slow and maybe for that reason I have not had any really satisfying marathon.

I am also excited because after this one I will have no more until #100 and I will kind of enjoy being on #99 for the longest break of the year.

I am very tempted to start with the 3.15 group and hope I do not fade behind the 3.30 group.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good luck 99. Hope you have a good race Ray. Looking forward to number 100 in Canberra.