Friday, October 07, 2005

Easy around Bay with firm 5k

Just a easy run around the Bay with a firm 5k in the middle. All felt okay. The 5k in 20.44 with not so even splits of 4.05, 4.14, 4.15, 4.08 and 4.01. Had no real plan for the 5k just firm and faster that my expected pace on Sunday. Have decided that I will start out at 4.35 per k pace and see how long I can hold it. On that basis and hopefully with not much of a drop off in pace I expect that if all other things go right to be home in about 3.20. We will see how far out I am out come Sunday.

2 comments:

Horrie said...

Ray, you are experienced enough to know what you are capable of. I'm sure you will go close to 3:20 based on recent form. Just remember to drag Truckie through with you as he is doing the Defence Force Marathon. See you down there.

Tesso said...

Good luck in Melbourne Ray. Hope the race goes to plan. Looking forward to hearing all about it.