Sunday, October 02, 2005

22.5k :1.43.30 : Feeling okay

Third time I have run this circuit this week. Not your recommended taper but I have a reason for pushing through this marathon and Fitzroy Falls on the following Saturday. Today I just wanted this to be very firm not a PB and not a gut buster but right on threshold pace according to a rough MaxHR of say 170.

Two laps in 51.54 and 51.36. Average HR 151 which is about 88%. A threshold run should be at no more that 90%. Always like to come home slightly faster which shows some reasonable endurance. For the rest of the week will have a short taper to freshen up for Sunday. Need some freshness to run a strong back half. The first half pacing will be crucial to a good time. At the moment I plan to run the half in about 97 and see how much endurance I have to hold maybe a 103 second half for at best 3.20.

No comments: