Friday, July 24, 2009

Hunter Valley Marathon :3.42.25 and the week

Well much slower than I expected. Not really sure why - I guess I just cruised along with some regard to the splits but I was really not running according to them but more just how I felt. I did have some 'stomach' issues in the first half that required a long stop in a very well place porta loo at about 16k.

Felt better but not 100%.

The 'inclines' were tougher than I recalled in the second loop but I just plodded up them and was pleased I never gave in and walked. I felt I finished strong although the laps were about 1.46/1.56. I am just not sure how the time just slipped away in the race.

As usual I enjoyed the event and the wonderful atmosphere at the end. Not sure if I felt like I deserved but managed and age win by just 2 minutes. Nice company with Jane and Rach on the drive up and back.

I did not run until Thursday. It was just a cruise around then Bay and then some exercises. Despite Friday being the day before the Bush Capital Marathon I ran again around the Bay and did some stretches.

After last week no predictions however it would be nice if Saturday was under 4 hours just - and Sunday well I am the 4 hour pacer so 3.59.59 is the aim. However I am not feeling confident that I will be able to manage that. I have nightly nightmares of falling off the pace before the first 5k marker. I will be so pleased to finish Sunday and just hope I can do the job.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

The pressure of running 3:59:59 Sunday will be tough!

I'll look out for you tomorrow Ray - I'm in the 16, but don't start until 9.10am.

Hua said...

Hello!

Wow, I'm so impressed by your blog! You truly are a real athlete! I would love to be fit like yourself when I'm 60.

I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about how you train for marathon. With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN has over 2,600 bloggers that share a common goal to share their knowledge with others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to over 6 million visitors a month.

Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Have a great day!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks

Brick said...

Come on Eagle I like the way you write please do an entry for Glasshosue 100 miler.