Thursday, July 09, 2009

Recovery & Taper

I didn't run on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday as I need to recover from the last marathon more than I need to train for the next one. So it was an easy swing around the Bay this morning with no regard to time and just enjoyed the predawn sights and sounds.

It was not too cold and so it did not take long to feel comfortable. It has been raining a bit in Sydney and did so just before I was out of the house. It was very misty to start with and reminded me a bit of when I lived in London but as the dawn broke the mist went.

I will continue with some easy runs until Sunday. May have 2/3 hard runs over the next 5 days and then ease off for the marathon on Sunday. I am looking forward to this one and may just be able to get under 3.25. I may do a TT on Thursday again to see where I am at again.

I just love this time of the year when they come every few weeks.

No comments: