Thursday, July 02, 2009

10k TT : 44.45

I was not looking forward to this as I knew I would have to push hard and harder than I have done for a while. I did think about opting for 5k but I knew that was a mentally weak option and would really not give me the information I wanted or confirm what I already had worked out.

I took it too conservatively in the first 5k of an out and back. Splits of 22.50 + 21.55.

Put that into Macmillan and would you believe you get a marathon of 3.30.01. Spot on where I thought I would be. No doubt that is the pace I will starting at and holding for as long as I can. I want to squeeze a good time out of this that reflects my current fitness and that looks like a 3.30. In all of the circumstances I will be happy with that but very disappointed that my long term aim of running close to 3 hours will not be meet. But I have to be realistic that things just did not go very well after Canberra and the single obsessive focus on this race was just not there.

The mind wanted to focus but lots of things got in the way of that actually happening on daily high quality training sessions. I just plodded along with no focus no aim and got more and more frustrated with my running and training. Very much a 'Catch 22' and I am hoping a solid run at GC will turn things around for the rest of the year.

Maybe next year I will get a chance to run under 3.10, Just maybe ...

No comments: