Wednesday, November 28, 2007

3 x Bay run : 1.39.55

As has developed recently JD and I meet at 5.00am for 3 of laps of the Bay. We are usually able to chat about Lydiard and what we are doing with regard to that theory.

This morning I just never felt comfortable and it was a struggle for he whole session.Therefore there was very little discussion from me just a lot of huffing and puffing proceeding like a badly tuned VW compared to the smooth well tuned Rolls Royce performance of JD. We were in separate showrooms this morning.

At the moment we are happy with no slower than 5 mpk pace and just keep it at that lap after lap. We alternated the lead with JD at a steady pace and I would fall behind and then have to surge to catch up then slow down and so it went - actually the tough session ruined what was a gorgeous morning around the Bay. It was a pity I couldn't enjoy it until I stopped.

So 35 minutes laps were the order of the day but managed 34.25 : 32.35 and 32.55 - no wonder I was suffering !!!! JD should have a blinder at the CC Half on Sunday and I will be attempting to draft behind in his jet stream.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear that you have recovered so well from GNW Ray. Best of luck for Sunday - I'm sorry I won't be there to cheer you on this year.