Saturday, November 24, 2007

13.25k 66.47 @ 5.04 (BL1)

Lets call this Bay Loop 1 (BL1) as this will be my usual loop when not doing laps of the Bay. It has quite a few hills and is quite testing. Also to run it under 60 minutes would be 4.30 pace which is my eventual aim as my base building progresses.

I feel I have recovered enough from GNW to start increasing my k's and I am hoping to get it up to 140k+ a week and maintain that through to the end of January. The pace will be aimed at no slower than 5 minute ks and lots of ks. I will not be doing any short speed work for the next 2 months but expect 5 minute pace will become easier as the weeks go by and I will start to become faster at the same effort because of the increase in the endurance base.

I will then do some hills and some speed work in the lead up to the Canberra marathon.

This plan has not been completely thought out but I will do that in the next week or so as I want to start on 1 December. It is very different to how I trained for Canberra last year when I was doing speed sessions all through the preparation and in the marathon I felt my endurance let me down in the second half and I slowed. I corrected the training after Canberra and improved my times and I will use the same philosophy to prepare for Canberra 2008.

All Lydiard theory that I am convinced works provided it understood and followed.

Also cruised at the 5k Challenge after this session.

1 comment:

speedygeoff said...

hmmm we will see how our times compare at the Canberra marathon after I have implemented my plan of jogging medium distances when I am not injured and resting when I am.

Actually I will be following a training routine not unlike yours if I do happen to shake the injuries.