Friday, August 31, 2007

The week

Monday 27 August : No run

Tuesday 28 August : No run

Wednesday 29 August:
Another pleasant cruise with JD, Tess and Karin. The Bay was just wonderful today with the first time I had noticed it was warm air and warm to run. I must start taking a winter layer off. I felt very good after the marathon with no stiffness or soreness. I nice 23k with some wonderful friends.

Thursday 30 August:
An untimed LKL - just enjoying another early morning of peaceful running and comfortable in my own thoughts.

Friday 31 August:LKL 13k @ 5.18 per k.
The extra winter layer is off and how much more free does that make you feel. New top, new tights and new shoes - I felt great as well. Just thought I should get in early for the start of spring tomorrow.

Just over a week to Glasshouse 100 miler and I am looking forward to the challenge bur also am anxious. I have set some goals that maybe unrealistic but hey you need goals that do set a challenge. Always the first aim is to finish under the cutoff. There is a magic in finishing in under 24 hours and maybe that is possible if all goes well on the day. Any faster?? I don't know but all that I have been doing over the last 4 months or so has been to put me in a position that when I get to 100k I can push the last 60k - whatever that turns out to be in time I will just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Aunty said...

I look forward to receiving your message once you have completed Glasshouse ;) or if i'm lucky during the race.

K

Tesso said...

I'm really enjoying those Wednesday runs Ray. Hope we can make them a regular thing.

sook54 said...

Go Ray! I'll be overseas for a couple of weeks but will try to log onto this blog to see how Glasshouse goes.

Horrie said...

Ray, there is no need to be anxious about GH. Just relax and go with the flow. The time will take care of itself. Running 100 miles is hard enough. No need to put extra pressure on yourself worrying about things.