Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Recovery week

Monday & Tuesday (30 & 31 July)
Actually I felt very good on Monday and was not sore or stiff at all. I expected that would happen in a big way on Tuesday but that day was just marginally uncomfortable. Needles to say I did not run on either day.

Wednesday & Thursday (1 & 2 August)
I needed a bit of a runners fix so I ran on Wednesday. It was easy around the Bay with lots and lots of stretching which felt so good. Same on Thursday and was starting to feel very good and fresh. Really I was feeling too good in the circumstances. Eating on the weekend was quite disrupted and light and I thought I would have a huge appetite during the week but it was quite the opposite and so I just ending up eating very lightly and felt better for it.

Friday : LKL : 13k in 74 minutes @ 5.41 p/k (3 August)
Felt fresh and so thought I would test the legs with steady run around my favourite loop if 13k. Nothing flash was expected and nothing flash was the result. But it was steady and there were no problems although the left knee area is still a bother until I am warmed up. It is getting better so I will just ignore it as much as I can.

Saturday : Hills (4 August)
Time to add stage 2 of the Lydiard sessions into my training although there is not long to develop it fully before Glasshouse but some I figure is better than none. I wanted some hills close and so tired a loop from home up to the back of the swimming pool and back. It has some good hills and I wanted shortish loop that I could do as repeats.

Measured at 5.8k but I can see where I can continue a hill to make the loop just over 6k which is perfect distance as I was able to do it in 31 minutes or so in each of the 2 laps in the first test in the dark. I will continue this sessions 3 times a week until Glasshouse. I expect to have sessions of 2/3 reps and maybe a couple of 4 - that should be interesting.

My other runs will be like before at the 4.30/5.00 range with as many k's as possible.

Sunday : LKL x 2 : 68.11 @ 5.15 pace & 64.18 @ 4.56 pace (5 August)
Big difference to the time on Friday showing the recovery is going well. Ran firm for the first lap with the intention of getting under 65 minutes for the second lap. I have 3 intermediate times on the loop and I was making up time on each which is what I want - not a mad dash at the end to catch up all the time.

The best effect will be achieved by being firm all the way. It did extend me this morning but that was probably the new hills session still in the legs.



No comments: