Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Fitter, faster & further

I won't bore you with a day by day account of the training. The summary is that I have been running well and am starting to get back into the pre operations sessions.  I have had a couple of 20k runs in the last week which is a big increase in the distances I have been running in training in the last 2 months.
 
As today was Wednesday then it was the usual with JD. We both had big sessions yesterday so it was very much running on tired legs. Despite that I managed this week to push on in the last 3k )a reversal from last week) and finished in 31.18 with JD 20 or so seconds behind.
 
Then did a hill and stair session lasting just under 30 minutes. Absolutely nothing left after that combined session but I feel great. Nice to be able to push to the limits without being restricted because of the post op recovery.
 
I am looking forward to putting in a real solid 2 and a bit weeks of training with a week taper before the next marathon.

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

Thanks for giving me something to chase this week Ray. Pleased to see your form beginning to pick up.