Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Update

The Hunter Valley Winery Marathon is on Sunday. It is a double loop course with some long inclines. Yes I know what you go up you go down on a loop or out and back course but the rest on the way down never seems to match the perceived higher effort on the way up. So a toughish course with something around 3.50 being okay.

The following Sunday is the M7 marathon and I want to try and stay on the 3.30 bus for as long as I can so this Sunday I will keep something in reserve for the following weekend. 

On Saturday I ran a lap of the Bay (7K) at 4.45 pace. For various reasons I did not run on Sunday and has a sleep in.

I have run on Monday and Tuesday and on each day the same hilly 14k loop. Averaging just under 5 minute k's. That's all I want this week. Less distance and a nice firm pace for the taper week. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Ray, a friend of mine is running - Keren. Say g'day if you see here. Should be running around that 3:45-50 range.