Monday, July 30, 2012

M7 Marathon : 3.38.58

As usual a well run event. It along the cycleway next to the freeway with a lot of rolling inclines. I have no issue with the cycleway etc. In fact I hardly noticed the traffic etc.

I wanted to give 3.30 a shot but it was clear at 15k that I do not have the current fitness level to do that so I eased off. I am not sure what time I ran through the half probably about 1.47 and so the second half in 1.52 and I am fine with that. It was bitterly cold at the start but after a few k's that was not an issue. The sun was soon out but it never got warm so that was also not an issue.

The time probably fairly reflects my fitness level and I am not sure if over the next two months I will have much of an opportunity to do any training other than at best maintain that. Brisbane next weekend.


 Grinding away somewhere on the second half 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good time Ray. Hunter Valley was only a week ago! Surely you would have gone under 3:30 if not recovering from that.