Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Double loop: 1.42.19 @ 4.58 and PB

My last long training run before GNW. And I am glad to have put in a solid block of 18 days and to have come out of it much fitter than I went into it and absolutely no niggles. The no niggles is such a relief.

Today is Wednesday and the usual hot lap of the Bay. I didn't do that as I did not want to risk pushing the pace and causing a strain like occurred at this exact time last year.

It was nice to have a one lap and double lap PB's to finish off the block. I hope that shows the training was successful but than again I came off a very low fitness base. The block started with a 1.44 half at SMC.

I have a marathon on Sunday. No plans for that as regards time. I don't know the course and with a 8.00am start the weather getting warm near the end is likely to be a factor in resulting in a time close to 4 hours.  After the marathon a few days of no running and then some easy recovery days later in the week before GNW. Having DNF'd there in 2009 and a DNS in 2010 I am anxious for it to start but I am also it has been a 3 years since I got to Patonga and I am just that much older but a PB at GH in September gives me some hope.

No comments: