Monday, November 07, 2011

Carcoar Marathon: 4.00.25

I ran the hard 10k on Saturday to go into this hilly marathon with tired legs. I wanted it to be a marathon where I pushed the hills on fatigued muscles and then go light this week. Yes I know your training does not have an affect for a few weeks and so why do what I did - more for the mental side of things but I also know my body does not like a long easy taper, I seem to run better with a very short taper.

Maybe my ability to recover quickly is better than others.

There were enough hills that I ran strongly up all of them except a couple around 34/35k. I maintained a 4 hour pace until 30k that fell off to 35k but made time in the last 7k which was mostly downhill - but that is not as easy as it sounds.

Nice new event in a great area in the west of NSW.

No comments: