Sunday, March 30, 2008

Update : Sunday 30.03.08

Well the last big week is finished !!!

I am both happy and sad. I was starting to enjoy the 160k + weeks and so are sad to see them stop. They were getting much easier to run but the time involved becomes a bit of a strain. Each day it is a balance between the time to run and meeting all the other obligations of life both private and work.

Happy because that means I can have a bit of a taper and keep my fingers crossed that two weeks will be enough for the full benefits to flow through.

Some great achievements this week:

* 160k + again
* got the single loop down from 58.xx to 56.42
* got the double loop down by over to minutes to 1.59.xx
* ran the Bay below 30
* ran an 8k cross country run on Saturday afternoon in 31.45


I will ease off the distance this week but push the intensity up and see if I can get some of the above time down a bit. I will be doing it this week as the week before Canberra I will be in Adelaide and so will be running none of my usual courses for TT's.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Great work Ray. You are undoubtedly ready for Canberra, but I guess it is all relative to your own goals and expectations.

Superflake said...

Great training Ray. I reckon you are one line for close to the 3hr again, inspite of your late start this year.

Anonymous said...

That sub-30 on the bay run is a great indicator as to where you're at right now.
I suspect you might have been pretty pleased with it.

Ewen said...

Well done Ray. You must be excited about your aerobic fitness showing through with those training times.

I read about the 8k on CR - pretty damn good considering how you felt running to the start. All the best for the next two weeks!

Tesso said...

What a week! Looking very good for April 13th.

Can't wait to catch up.