Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday 18.03.08

As I have said it is not my intention at the moment to give daily updates but....

On Monday I do a lot of hills and stairs in a very early morning 3 hour session and so I do not have much of an expectation for Tuesday morning. As usual it was the double loop this morning and after a longer than usual sleep and I good one I felt refreshed and ready for a full on hit out. I fully expected to fatigue badly in the second half but wanted to give under 2.10 a shot.

First loop 64.08 so well placed to give 2.10 a nudge if only I could hold that pace on the second lap - nailed it in 62.29 for a 2.06.37. A very very happy little runner today.


Now the equation that shouldn't even be thought of:

* 2 weeks more training;
* add 15k to the double loop:
* a taper;
* can 20 seconds per k be found by the second Sunday in April ???

I expect it will be an interesting and very painful challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Canberra goal time you mentioned to me a week or so back is looking just about within your grasp.

JD

Rob said...

You recovery astounds me Eagle. You are an amazing athlete.

trailblazer777 said...

Cool! Go Eagle!