Monday, March 10, 2008

Update : Monday 10 March

Another week of significant gains.

My double loop was done as lot in December and I was locked into 2.17.xx's and no better no matter what I did - on Sunday after a heavy week and a double session on Saturday it is now 2.12.xx.

A single loop in December was never faster that 66.xx's - after Thursday 62.xx.

Also managed a 160 + k week.

I have now decided that if the next 3 weeks progresses well I will race Canberra as my progress has gone so far better than expected.

I might add my training so far has broken every rule that could possibly apply - forget the 10% increase unless you are referring to daily increases, no hard/easy days just hard/harder and no rest days for 4 weeks - that is I have run hard each day although what I am doing in regard to running is much more varied that in the past. A couple of sessions a week I devote to hills and hills and more hills then stairs and more stairs and ..... I think you get the picture.

7 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Terrific news about Canberra Eagle.

"Breaking rules" Par for the course for you.

All the best for your continued progress.

Rob said...

Great news Eagle. 160 + K in a week is a commendable effort. Beyound my comprehension really, but then, so was 5k not that long ago.

Superflake said...

Making good progress towards Canberra Ray. Just don't push it too far because you are trying to make up lost time.

Ewen said...

That's amazing Ray. Looks like a sub-3 is possible by those training times, not to mention the weekly volume.

Horrie said...

You are running amazingly for someone who has just come back from a stress fracture Ray. Hope things continue at the same rate and you are ready to rock and roll in Canberra.

Unknown said...

Amazing!

Robert Song said...

It is almost like you should have a warning at the bottom of your posts. "Kids, don't try this at home."

It is amazing how quickly you have got back into such serious training.