Friday, July 05, 2019

Friday's Marathon at the Bay

I couldn't resist running a marathon on the Bay this morning. Part of the Bravehearts 7 marathons, 7 days, 7 states. This was #5 in 5 days for some. 

Overnight and the forecast was for rain during the event. However it was cloudy and only a few drops   on the first lap of 6 around the Bay. Cloud cover in the morning with them scattering at time but no sunshine. Temperature got to about 15 with no wind so very pleasant running conditions. 

The aim was to run controlled and well below my limits. Not sure if a 4.31 did that although I always felt I could push the pace a bit more than I did.

We fly to Ballina in the morning and will spend most of the day with my son, his partner and our granddaughter before driving to the Gold Coast to collect my race number and stay there overnight. After the marathon we drive back and spend a couple of days with my son etc before flying back on Tuesday night. 

I am not sure what time I will run on Sunday but I will be starting out at 4.15 pace and see how long that lasts. Not long I expect but it will be fun having a go.

No comments: